03 Apr Outdoor Entertaining Ideas: Easter Tablescapes
E is for Easter Entertaining…Preferably outdoors, with good weather, good company and good food. Set the mood by setting the table! Here’s how to create a ‘sp-egg-tacular’ Easter tablescape…
What is a tablescape?
Says Gracious Living Guide, a tablescape is an ‘extension of your hospitality and helps create memorable experiences’. A tablescape elevates the humble table centrepiece to a higher art form – it incorporates a focal point, the centrepiece, but is a themed look and feel for the entire table that complements the occasion and the venue.
Easter gives rise to a host of theme ideas – we’ve selected our three top tablescapes to best show off your Alifurn outdoor dining tables…
Super Shabby Chic
An antique ambiance, using vintage china with floral patterns, coloured glassware, lace and plenty of flowers creates the prettiest picture on Easter Sunday. Try it with the Nikki Dining Table…
Cute Country Cottage
Featuring traditional chicken-and-egg motifs, and natural materials like feathers, straw and hessian, this wholesome tablescape is perfect for an early Easter breakfast. Try it with the Carolina Dining Table…
Painted eggs in straw ‘birds’s nests’ provide a conversation starter for guests, before they tuck into their delicious Easter Sunday lunch. Try it with the Ash Four Seater…
Easter Tablescape Tips
There’s an art to arranging the perfect tablescape. To make it easier, do this:
- Decide on a colour theme – traditionally, the Easter palette comprises purple (the colour of Lent, up until Good Friday), black (Good Friday) and white and gold (for Easter Sunday). Soft pastel colours – purple, yellow, blue, mint green and pink – work well with most Easter themes, and are suitably inoffensive, whatever the religious persuasion of your guests
- Decide on a focal point – for round tables, place one centrepiece in the middle of the table; for rectangular tables, place two or more of the same centrepiece at intervals along the length of the table.
- Mix and match – combining block prints and floral prints is a big trend right now, so have fun with it!
- Create layers and textures using elements of varying heights, such as flowers, candles, and tableware
- Linen or no? A high quality white linen tablecloth lends a classy air to solid table tops. Runners, though, work especially well on glass table tops.
READ MORE: How to Style Your Outdoor Area for Easter
Make the Most of Your Easter Entertaining
Pimp your patio, with a new outdoor dining set from Alifurn Outdoor Living. Made from rust-resistant aluminium and all-weather fibrecane, our outdoor furniture looks great and survives the test of time.